At the Showboat Motel Restaurant & Bar, we are dedicated to providing an exceptional stay for all guests. To accomplish this as new owners, we are making it a priority to provide accessibility options throughout our motel. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Showboat Motel Restaurant & Bar is looking to exceed the minimum standards of the WCAG 2.0. We are partially conformant which means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. While the industry is not operating from approved, regulated legislation, The Showboat Motel Restaurant & Bar is committed to our good faith effort to follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) guidelines.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at
- Accessible entry and passage doors (Front door 41” width and room doors 32” width) in Rooms 30, 31 and 32
- Please don’t book the rooms listed above, unless they are the last ones available – these are reserved for individuals that are in need of more assistance.
- Accessible public entrance
- Lever Handles instead of door knobs on room entry door
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms – Rooms 30, 31 and 32
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the restaurant.
- Accessible motel restaurant, bar and deck – to enjoy friends, family, other guests, meals, drinks and events.
- Two Deck levels for view of the lake can accessed.
- Ramp inside the restaurant to get to the lower level of the deck/patio
- Accessible guest rooms with wider doorways and grab bar features
- Adjustable shower head
- Closed captioning on televisions
- Grab bars in at least of our guest rooms
- Lower counter tops in washrooms
- Roll-in Showers
- Service support animals welcome